Field Solutions is a Swiss company. References in this policy to “we”, “us” or “the Firm” are references to Field Solutions, which includes every person working for Field Solutions.
Reference in this Privacy Statement to “personal data” means any information that identifies, or could reasonably be used to identify, a living individual, either on its own or together with other information.
Field Solutions is committed to protecting and respecting your personal data and privacy. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand our practices with respect to personal data.
The personal data that we collect and use
The personal information that we collect and use may include:
- Basic information, such as your name, your employer, your title or position;
- Contact information, such as your email address and phone number(s);
- Financial information, such as bank account details;
- Technical information, such as your IP address and other information collected from your visits to our website or applications or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically;
- Information you provide to us for the purpose of attending meetings and events;
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected by us as part of our client onboarding process;
- Personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients or employees or generated by us in the course of providing legal services and employment, which may include special categories of data;
- Details of your visits to our offices; and
- Any other information which you may provide to us.
How we collect your personal data
As a law firm, we regularly receive personal data as part of our professional activities. We may collect your personal data:
- As part of our client onboarding procedure;
- When you or your organization seek legal advice or employment from us;
- When you or your organization offer or provide services to us as vendor;
- When you browse or interact with our website(s) or use any of our online services;
- When you email us or provide such data to us in other circumstances, such as when you request details about or attend a firm sponsored event, or when you engage with the alumni or careers portals.
Ordinarily, you will have provided any such data to us. But in some cases, we may collect data about you from a third-party source, such as government or credit reporting agencies, an information or service provider or from public records.
How we use your personal data
We only use your personal data in connection with our ordinary professional activities (including the fulfilment of our legal or regulatory obligations). These “Permitted Uses” may include:
- Providing legal advice or other services to our clients;
- Managing our business relationship with you or your organization, whether in connection with the provision or procurement of goods and services or as your employer or former employer, including processing payments, accounting, auditing, billing and collection and related support services;
- Managing and securing the access to our offices, systems and online platforms;
- Complying with court orders and other legal and regulatory requirements;
- Processing that is necessary for purposes of the legitimate interest of the firm or third parties provided that such interests are not overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms; and
- For any purpose related to the foregoing or for any purpose for which you provided the personal data to Field Solutions.
If you have given us your express consent, we may process your personal data for additional purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time. Additional purposes for which we may process your personal data may include:
- Communicating with you with respect to legal developments, announcements, events and products and services which may be of interest to you;
- Distributing surveys or marketing materials;
- Gathering information regarding your preferences to improve the quality of our communications and interaction with you, such as through website analytics or the tracking of our client publications; and
- Any other purpose for which you have given consent.
How we share your personal data
Irrespective of how we obtain your personal data, it may be shared among all the offices within Field Solutions. We at all times ensure a level of data protection at least as high as those required by the laws of Switzerland and the EU. We may also need to transfer personal data to third parties, including third parties based outside Switzerland or the EU, for example (but not limited to) sub-contractors, other counsel and accountants and third parties involved in your matters.
Where we share or transfer your personal data, we do so in accordance with applicable data protection laws and take appropriate safeguards to ensure its integrity and protection.
Keeping your personal data secure
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures at all times against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data in accordance with our internal security procedures covering its storage, access and destruction. Personal data may be stored on our own technology systems or those of our vendors or in paper files.
Retaining your personal data
We can retain your personal data until it is no longer reasonably required for the Permitted Uses or you withdraw your consent, provided that we are not legally required or otherwise permitted to continue to hold such data. In particular, we may retain your personal data for an additional period of time to the extent that deletion would require us to overwrite our automated disaster recovery backup systems or to the extent that we deem it necessary to assert or defend legal claims during any relevant retention period.
Your rights regarding your personal data
In addition to your rights under applicable data protection legislation and, if we are permitted or required to do so under applicable laws and regulations and by our professional obligations, we are required and will provide you, upon request, with a copy of your personal data and correct any errors identified by you.
Except as set out above, we do not use your data for any automated decision making or any profiling. In addition, you have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data as well as the right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authorities regarding the processing of your personal data. We will not be sending you marketing materials without your express consent and will also comply with any request to stop sending any such communications to you.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to amend it from time to time to reflect changing legal requirements or our processing practices. Any amendment will be included in a new version of this Privacy Statement, posted on our website and will be effective upon posting.
Address: Boulevard Georges-Favon 14, 1204 Geneva, Switzerland
Phone: +41 22 849 86 99
Fax: + 41 22 849 81 91
Mobile: +41 78 619 80 90